Auto Parts Search
Motor Mount Replacement/Repair
Give Your Engine A New Life With A Motor Mount Replacement
A Motor Mount acts as a security mechanism for the engines, minimizing the adverse effects of frequent vibrations and oscillations that arise when driving the vehicle. No matter how powerful the engine, there is a need for some internal mechanism inside the vehicle to provide strong support to the engine and to protect it from any damage. The Motor Mount serves as essential and rigid structural support systems for the engine, enabling the vehicle to get through the irregularities of the track and other road conditions smoothly and conveniently. It secures the engine and prevents it from serious damage. Moreover, it minimizes vibration and noise on the part of engine.
Due to prolonged usage, Motor Mount will not be able to deliver its services properly. In order to avoid the risk of total breakdown of the engine, the working conditions of the motor mount needs to be checked regularly .Whenever the needs arises it should be replaced as it affects the overall performance and efficiency of the vehicle. Failure of the engine mount can seriously damage the engine .Auto-part replacements ensures the longevity of the engine and it enables you to fully utilize the benefits of smooth drive.
Points of consideration for replacing and repairing
- Cracking of distributor caps needs to be avoided
- Radiator hoses should not be torn.
- Before opening the engine, firewall must be checked for clearance.
- Engine should not be jacked directly by the oil-pan, as the pan may bend.
- First of all, remove the hood and all the parts required for access to engine.
- Remove the engine mount through the bolts.
- Secondly loose the mount to frame bolts.
- Raise the engine slowly towards upward direction to remove the engine mount brackets and then, ultimately remove the motor mount and the engine mount fasteners; the shims locations needs to be noted down.
- Heat shields or Drip shields must be transferred to the new mount after comparing it with old mount.
- Progressively old Mount is replaced with the new one.
Re-intallation of Engine Mount
- Engine Mount brackets, fasteners and shims must be installed in their original locations.
- Mount-to frame bolts should be placed in their appropriate locations.
- Reinstall engine, mount through bolts loosely and allow the vehicle to run two or three times so that engine mount can adjust at their accurate operating locations.
- Finally, the engine is placed in its accurate place by pushing it inside and all the bolts are tightened.
- Make sure that engine is properly aligned.
- Reinstall all the removed parts.
- Reinstall and align the hood at correct place.