Auto Parts Search
Suzuki Engine >> REAR MAIN SEAL LEAKAGE ON SUZUKI DOHC ENGINES
Rear Main Oil Seal Leakage On
1996-98 Suzuki 1.8 & 2.0 & 2.5L DOHC Engines
The AERA Technical Committee offers the following information regarding rear main oil seal leakage. Engine oil leaks have been reported after rear main oil seal replacement. This leakage may be due to improper seal installation if the proper special installation tools were not used.
To reduce the likelihood of rear main oil seal leakage Suzuki advises using their oil seal guide and installation tool. After obtaining the tools use the following diagram to assist installation of the rear main seal, Part #0928398002.
1. Apply a light film of clean engine oil on the bore opening and crankshaft oil seal.
2. Make sure the large chamfer on the oil seal guide is facing away from the crankshaft before assembling the seal and installer ring.
3. Note: The larger diameter of the installer ring should face toward the crankshaft.
4. Use a plastic hammer and lightly tap the seal inward, rotating blows around the installation tool.
5. Continue installation until tool bottoms out on the rear block face.
The AERA Technical Committee
Looking for replacement Suzuki engines? Visit our online Rebuilt Engines Store. Need to fix your Suzuki engine? Access here the comprehensive online repair guide for your Suzuki engine. Click Here to find a used Suzuki engine.
Shop online for auto body parts, engines, wheels, lights...
|1998 Suzuki Sidekick Bumper Cover, Front, With air holes; A high quality, OE replacement bumper cover; Backed by 1-year, unlimited-mileage warranty..||$113.35|
|2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara Mirror Glass, Driver Side, 7-3/4 in. diagonally; A high quality, direct fit OE replacement mirror glass..||$33.52|
|2013 Suzuki SX4 Passenger Side Head Light Lens And Housing, Passenger Side Head Light Lens And Housing; For Sedan And Hatchback Models, , .||$143.50|
|2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara V6, 2.5 L, 2500 CC Rebuilt Engine, Warranty: 3-Year/100,000 Mile, .||Ad Hoc|
|2010 Suzuki Kizashi Used Parking Lamp, Passenger Side, PARKLAMP/TURN SIGNAL; FENDER MTD, R., Very Good.||$76.00|
|2004 Suzuki Forenza Used Flywheel, Very Good.||$78.00|
Help me find
Search DIY repair manuals by VIN...
Need To Fix Your Car or Truck?
Try Our Repair Service Finder
Help me find